This month’s giveaway is for the runners! I’m not one myself, but I deeply respect those who love the sport - more power to you if you’re doing what you love! And whether you are running 2 miles or 20 miles, your run is a good one. :) Here’s some gear to get you out there.
ITEMS (retail value ~$400) :
- One pair of size 8.5 black/purple Nike Flex 2 trainers. (Please note: These have been worn ONCE, on a short walk. They are still in brand new condition and have also been cleaned.)
- One Omron strap/watch heart rate monitor.
- One silver RaceReady “cord taming” dry-wick running shirt, size M.
- One pink Nike Dri-Fit running t-shirt, size M.
- One black Nike Dri-Fit loose fit shirt, size M. (this item is hard to describe; please click the link for an image.)
- One Mondetta Performance Gear gray/pink quarter-zip track jacket, size M.
- One pair of UnderArmour HeatGear compression capri leggings, size M.
- One pair of blue/green Nike running shorts, size M.
- One pair of grey/pink Adidas compression shorts, size M.
- One blue reversible Champion compression bra, size S.
- One blue Brooks running hat.
- 3-pack of Nike training socks.
- 2-pack of braided Nike headbands.
- One pink Urban Beatz sports armband for smartphones.
- One pair of Cygnett in-ear sports earbuds.
- One box of ProBar Bolt organic energy chews, raspberry flavor.
- One sample box of Accel Gel energy gel supplements.
- 1 lb. bag of Skratch Labs hydration mix, lemon-lime flavor.
- You don’t have to be following me to win this. However, I would really love if you did. :) I think my blog is a pretty decent and positive place. Follow if you want to!
- Reblog for an entry, no limits on reblogs. Likes and signal boosts are appreciated.
- Anyone can enter, anyone can win. If you’re entering on behalf of someone else, I encourage you to make a note of it in your reblog.
- Healthy and positive blogs only. You don’t have to be a fitness blog, but ABSOLUTELY NO pro-ED/self harm, body shaming, or hate speech.
- I will use a random generator to pick a winner on July 1. Reblog before the end of June for a chance to win!
- I will ship to the US and Canada for free. If you live somewhere else, I’ll still send it if you can Paypal me some shipping cash. :)
- 1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
when books make you cry like fuck you book you’re a stack of paper
Today has been such a weird day. All I can think about is yesterday. You hear about these crazy violent events on tv or on the news and you can’t believe it… But I never imagined I would actually watch a nationwide tragedy. I’ve never seen a bomb before, as most people haven’t, so to me it looked like a prank. Yeah, it was loud, but it really didn’t seem that big. I was absolutely shocked to find out that so many people were injured and that there were deaths. I don’t know where I’m going with this, I just felt the need to vent about it somewhere. No words can describe how grateful I am that my family and friends are all ok. It’s been a real wake up call. Life is precious and can never be taken for granted.
But yesterday what I noticed, more than the obvious of course, was everyone’s reactions. All of the selfless people who did everything they could to help others. Boston is and always will be an amazing place.
Thank you to everyone who helped us leave the area as soon as possible and reunite with my mom. I am so proud to call Boston my home.